Not a great picture, but we were all really excited for Riley's big day.
Riley picked out these shoes for school. Now he just needs to learn to tie them by himself.
You know it!!! It's SUPER MARIO BROTHERS.
fyi.......he only plays it like once every couple of months. His lack of skill at this point proves it.
To fun. The kids were excited too. I'm glade they still have each other to play with.
Group hug!!
Emery was a little sad about the whole thing....or maybe was just mad that I was not picking him up.
Dear Riley
As my oldest, this has been a new thing for me to watch you go to school. A place where I can't be with you all the time. A place where I hope you will remember the things that dad and I have been trying to teach you, not only how to write your name, but how to be a hard worker and how to be kind to everyone. I know you will do great in Kindergarten because you are a good boy. I love you!!!
Love you always, Mom
Riley tripped on Dannon's blanket on the way out of the van and almost tumbled on out. Luckily there was no blood.
This is Riley's teacher, Mrs. Barnard. Everyone loves her and we are excited to have her as Riley's teacher. Riley thinks she is really nice!
The classes lined up and headed into the school. This is him by his friend Dylan (in the same class) and he's waving goodbye. Just like that, and then they walked around the corner. Riley kept telling me all morning that I was going to miss him, and I did. (p.s. yes....I did cry like Riley said I would)
Glad to see both the student and the teacher both smiling.
Skipping to the next afternoon, here we are waiting for Riley to get off the bus. I tell ya, I've never seen someone so excited to get on a school bus. Riley was nothing but smiles getting on that yellow thing.
Little friends. Jaycee must have thought he was getting ready to go to school.
And finally........here he is!!!
It's been a lot of fun watching Riley go to school. He is loving it!!!
How exciting! Your family is darling.
ReplyDelete