We are hoping to be getting something to put the new TV on. As fun as the coffee table is for setting the TV and players on, it's gotta go. The only problem is that I can't decide what to get to replace it and then where to put it. Corner unit, or center unit......Armoire, or TV stand???? I can't decide what would look best. Take a look at the pictures (ignoring the mess) and tell me what you think!!!! What would you do, and how would you rearrange the room?
Now on to the 2nd of many things that need a helping hand, the kitchen. I've been wanting to paint in here for quite awhile. The kitchen is pretty outdated, but not really sure updating ALL of it will be do-able. The thing I'm trying to decide on for starters is color (I was thinking maybe a green, but open to any new ideas). Would you paint this wall here the same shade or a little darker than the rest of the room. We are wanting to take down the trim and put up white trim along the bottom and maybe along the top, so the middle trim will be gone. The only other worry I have is how to transition to the rest of the house. Will I have to paint the front room (right next to the kitchen) the same color? Could I leave it white?


Hello, how the heck are ya? IT's been such a long time! You have such a cute little family!!! Where are you guys living now? IN your family pics I couldn't help but notice that your still just has hot as ever, you look go good!
ReplyDeleteI'll take a crack at your little dilemma, lol:) I would take the TV and hang it on the wall with the long couch. Put the Long couch under the Window and keep the other couch where it is. I think it will open up the room a little but I could be totally wrong, lol. You don't need to pain the front room just because your doing the kitchen. I would do the whole room the same color, even that big wall. I also LOVE green and just found paint swatch that I love, Tate Olive at Home Depot. If you have enough light, and it looks like you have plenty, it makes things feel really homey. WHen we lived in Hyde Park we had your exact same cabinets and we just sanded them and painted them creamy white and they were beautiful. Then I found some hardware on Ebay for really cheep and it was a whole new room. I have a love hate relationship with these kind of projects, it's fun but time consuming and way to much work:) Good luck, I'm sure it will look wonderful when all is said and done:)
White kitchens are the thing now! You would be one trendy momma!! ;) Remodeloholic dot com has some great before afters for some inspiration. And fun eye candy
ReplyDelete