I finally broke down and bought us a new kitchen faucet. Our old one was just that....really super old! And to make matters worse it has been leaking under the handle for quite some time. While Scott was away to the High School Senior Party I decided to try installing this baby myself. And after a call to my dad to find out how to turn OFF the water I was on my way..... (I wondered if I should even begin if I couldn't figure out that first part!)

Well, luckily I made it through turning off the water and I was on to getting the old faucet off. I didn't think about taking a picture of the old faucet. But, here's the new one! I think it's great looking. Our sink's a little old, but it looks tons better than it did before!!!


My all time favorite tool!!!! Without this basin wrench I NEVER would have gotten this new faucet on. It was a serious life saver. Get one of these if you ever replace your faucet, you will LOVE it!

Oh man, my picture is not cooperating and is sideways. Here's the new water hoses coming down. The old ones where copper pipes.

And here's clear up at the top where the faucet is screwed into place. This is why I love that basin wrench. No other tool would have fit up there to tighten everything.
I guess I do have to say that when I got finished we realized that behind the faucet where the sink meets the counter is a little loose, so the new faucet moves a tad when you turn the water on and off with the lever. Someday I'm sure we consider getting some other things (sink, counters, etc.) replaced. For now it will just have to stay a little wiggly!
Now onto other projects like sanding the corners of the walls I've been trying to fix and then painting......
Look at you go wonder woman! I wish we lived closer so that you could teach me some tricks :) Miss YA!
ReplyDeleteI am totally impressed Makaylee! I would not have even attempted that...makes me think of my new toliet for a broken one upstairs that has been sitting in its box in my gargage for about six months! You inspire me...but maybe I'll hire you to come install it!!!
ReplyDeleteWow--that is impressive! Good Job Makaylee!
ReplyDelete